About The Plan
When drivers sign up for the Open Road Drivers Plan® for $38.95 per month, Open Road Drivers Plan® will pay for the attorney's fees and other benefits as outlined below to defend against any alleged traffic violations, including appeal. By using our Network of Attorneys we will find a local, licensed attorney practicing in the jurisdiction where you received the citation. Exclusions may apply.
Personal Legal Fees
- Moving violations. Participation in Open Road Drivers Plan® entitles you to assistance with legal fees, win or lose, for any moving violation.
- Non-moving violations. Open Road Drivers Plan® members are entitled to legal fee assistance, win or lose, for your defense against non-moving violations. The Plan will cover seatbelt and parking violations when they affect your CDL. Other non-moving violations may include alleged overweight, overwidth, overheight, or overlength citations.
- $5,000 - Manslaughter, negligent homicide, vehicular homicide. By participating in the Open Road Drivers Plan®, you can receive legal assistance for your defense against manslaughter, negligent homicide, or vehicular homicide involving a traffic accident. Up to $5,000 may be attributed to your legal fees, including appeal, regardless of the outcome of the case.
- $500 - Vehicle damage. If hiring an attorney becomes necessary to recover the cost of repairing your vehicle after an accident, Open Road Drivers Plan® will reimburse you or pay your attorney directly, win or lose, for services up to $500 per occurrence.
- $10,000 - Police bail bond. For accident bond coverage, Open Road Drivers Plan® will provide bond coverage up to $10,000 for members arrested for moving violations when involved in a vehicular accident.
- $1,000 - Appearance bond. Open Road Drivers Plan® will provide bond services up to $1,000 to cover your first appearance after a traffic violation.
Bonds are provided by the Westchester Fire Insurance Company of Philadelphia, PA.
Auto Club Benefits
- Rewards. Persons offering information concerning stolen vehicles, stolen property, or the hit-and-run of an Open Road Drivers Plan® member will receive $1,000 upon arrest and conviction of the offender.
- Trip guarantees. If your vehicle is stolen or disabled in an accident, and you are 50 miles or more from your home, Open Road Drivers Plan® will reimburse you up to $500 for lodging, meals, and car rental or commercial transportation to your destination. Expenses must be incurred within 72 hours of the incident. Mechanical failures are not included.
- Self-service. By accessing www.driver.ordp.com you will be provided an opportunity to register for access to your Open Road Drivers Plan® information.
- Access to information associated with any outstanding ticket, including attorney information.
- Access to entering new ticket information.
- Access to information associated with closed tickets, including outcome information.
- Access to viewing/maintaining your name, address and contact information.
- Access to your message board, which will allow you to both send and receive messages
from attorneys and customer service.
Family Services and Discounts
- Spouse and personal vehicle coverage. When you participate in the Open Road Drivers Plan®, personal legal coverage is extended to both you and your spouse for any vehicle you drive.
- Prescription drug discounts. The SavRX Advantage Pharmacy Card offers walk-in discounts of up to 25% on prescriptions at thousands of locations nationwide. Use their mail order service on maintenance prescriptions for additional discounts.
- Hotel discounts. With Open Road Drivers Plan®, you can save up to 20% at over 6,000 Choice Hotels including Comfort Inn, Comfort Suites, Sleep Inn, Clarion, Suburban, Quality, Econolodge, Rodeway Inn, Ascend, and Mainstay Suites. You can also receive 20% off the best available rates at Red Roof Inn.
- Car rental discounts. Open Road Drivers Plan® provides car rental discounts from Avis, Hertz, and National. Discounts depend on season and location.
- Tax and financial discounts. Membership in Open Road Drivers Plan® saves you money on tax preparation, monthly accounting statements, or advice on 401k, and other financial offerings from tax professionals that specialize in the trucking industry.
- Dental and vision discounts. Vital Savings Plan by Aetna® offers Open Road Drivers Plan® members upgraded dental care discounts at over 70,000 locations nationwide. Get vision discounts at over 4,000 locations nationwide by signing up with Aetna (individual: $3 / month; family: $6 / month)